Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Global Warming Causes the Freezing Temperature?

     After I read this article, “With Climate Change, Expect More Monster Winter Storms”, I had a new perspective. I’ve been wondering why this winter has been much more colder than the past years, from what I remember. The reason is Global Warming. Go figure. Global Warming is basically the Earth becoming warmer because of the hole in the ozone layer. Also, the heat is being trapped due to the greenhouse effect. However, it’s causing these ridiculous storms and freezing climate too, ironically. As the Earth becomes warmer, more water is evaporated. The more water that’s evaporated, the more moisture is up in those clouds. Since there’s so much moisture in the clouds, more precipitation falls from the sky. Now that winter’s here, the precipitation would be snow or hail because of the temperature. Therefore, we get more snow storms. What a chain reaction.


     I don’t know about you, but I’m getting sick of the snow. There’s been more than a half foot of snow for awhile now, and the snow keeps piling up. Then there’s ice that’s making the ground slippery. The road is just waiting for a car crash to occur. Thank goodness most schools have been closed, or else buses and more cars would be causing accidents and traffic. Hopefully on Groundhog’s day, the groundhog will see it’s shadow. I wouldn’t be able to handle six more weeks of winter, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment